Some people may be entitled to come and live in the United Kingdom under what is known as a UK Ancestry Visa.
Fisher and Myftari Solicitors has considerable experience in helping individuals come to the United Kingdom in this category, and we can help you with the application process.
In order to qualify for United Kingdom Ancestry Visa, there are a number of prerequisite criteria that must be met. It is necessary to prove that:
- You are aged 17 or over;
- You are a Commonwealth citizen;
- You can support yourself and your dependents financially without help from public funds (including accommodation); and
- You plan to work in the United Kingdom and are able to do so.
All of these criteria must be met, and therefore it can sometimes be a long and complicated process in order to show this to the authorities. Fisher and Myftari can help you every step of the way.
However, the requirements for an Ancestry Visa do not stop there. It is also necessary to show that at least one of your grandparents (either legitimate or illegitimate), was born:
- In the United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands and Isle of Man); or
- On a British-registered ship or aircraft; or
- Before 31 March 1922 in what is now the Republic of Ireland.
In some cases, we realise that these criteria can be complicated and difficult to prove. Here at Fisher and Myftari Solicitors, we are committed to helping you every step of the way.
UK Ancestry Entry Clearance, Immigration Lawyers Ealing, London